The only predictable thing of this era is unpredictability. With leaders everywhere facing curve ball after curve ball, what happens next? In this episode, Ira S. Wolfe provides some mind-opening insights!
Ira S. Wolfe is what he calls a “Millennial trapped in a Baby Boomer’s body.” He’s also one of the Top 100 HR Influencers for 2021.
He is the president of Poised for the Future Company, founder of Success Performance Solutions, a TEDx Speaker, Top 5 Global Thought Leader on Future of Work and HR, and host of Geeks Geezers Googlization podcast. His most recent book is Recruiting in the Age of Googlization, now in its 2nd edition.
Dive in, and let’s tackle a massive question: when are we going back to normal?
On this episode:
- Ira gives us some insights into his background and journey into leadership, as well as what exactly makes him a “Millenial trapped in a Baby Boomer’s body.”
- Ira talks about his shift in thinking into the “Never Normal.” We are struggling with adaptability, and leaders will have double down on building cultures.
- It’s ok that we’re not going back to normal. Ira explains the incredible importance of shifting our definition of “normal.”
- Ira shares his thoughts on the value of leaders who help others and adapt to the rapid changes we experience.
- Leaders need to provide their team with emotional safety, knowing that you have their back. To create resilience, you need to make a culture of letting go.
- People are leaving toxic, meaningless workplaces in droves. Ira talks about building a “people first” organization as we navigate the accelerating change era.
- There is so much wisdom we can pull from EVERY generation
- We are living in the “Never Normal”
- History will remember the people who helped others
- Leadership is about helping people adapt to the future
- You need to learn new ways of doing things and know when to let things go
- It’s time for leaders to rise up and help people navigate the perpetual uncertainty
“I’m going to try to live life to its fullest until I can’t” – Ira S. Wolfe
“We’re not going to be able to slow down the change… but we can certainly become better at responding to and managing our response to change.” – Ira S. Wolfe
- Recruiting in the Age of Googlization
- Geeks Geezers Googlization podcast
- Ira Wolfe YouTube Channel
- Never Normal News – Newsletter
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: