Is what you’re doing aligned with who you are and how you define success? Or are you chasing a dream someone else put in front of you? In this episode, Dr. Mrinalini Garv gives incredible insights that may change the trajectory of your career!
Dr. Mrinalini Garv is America’s career coach for South Asian professional women. She is a bestselling author, multiple-time career changer, has worked as a physician, leadership coach, and business professor in world-renowned organizations.
Dr. Garv maneuvered her career without a mentor that looked like her, and now she has become that mentor to SA professionals to help them master their careers and achieve success.
Dive in to learn how to build your voice, especially as a woman leader.
On this episode:
- Learn what makes Dr. Garv tick and her mission to serve and empower women within South Asian culture.
- Dr. Garv talks about her views on leadership and her fascination with how leaders can influence and impact others.
- People have become introspective and are realizing their worth. Dr. Garv explains how leaders need to provide the goals then let their teams go off and do their best work.
- Learn the importance of slowing down and connecting with your purpose. When you know who you are and who you want to be, you are more likely to chase your dream instead of someone else’s.
- Leaders need to open their minds and understand that different cultures will operate in different ways. Dr. Garv explains the importance of advocating for your employees and employees advocating for themselves.
- Have you heard the term EQ? You may have never heard it explained this way. It’s time to take EQ to the next level and unconditionally love their teams. Being seen and understood changes everything.
- Leadership is also about taking charge of your life and career
- It’s not about being liked; it’s about being respected
- Let your teams find creative solutions to your goals where they are most comfortable
- When you learn what success looks like for you, challenges become exciting
- Be sure to shine the spotlight on your team member’s accomplishments
- Employees are looking for love, and leaders need the EQ to provide it
“What I’ve seen is that women leave anywhere between 10 and 70k dollars on the table because they do not negotiate their salary; and I decided, this has to stop!” – Dr. Mrinalini Garv
“I don’t care if people like me or not, but respect is non-negotiable… It’s not important to get people to like you; it is important to get people to respect you.” – Dr. Mrinalini Garv
“If you give a little bit, just a little bit of care, your employees will give you ten times more in return.” – Dr. Mrinalini Garv
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: