You’ve been working somewhere for years, seeing growth and failures alike, suddenly – there’s a new leader taking charge! What do you do? In the episode, I will address a question I get pretty frequently around what to do when you have a new leader. I believe, when you’re with a new circumstance like this, with the correct response, you can turn it into a new opportunity.
So dive in, and let’s figure out what to do with your new leader!
On this episode:
- Everyone has different reactions to having a new leader. I talk about the importance of relaxing and taking things slow, so you don’t make rash decisions and realize the new leader has a lot to navigate.
- I reveal the step-by-step process you can take whenever there is new leadership that will help you navigate the change and turn it into an opportunity for growth.
- Relax, slow down; there’s no need to panic
- Where there is change, there is an opportunity
- Remember to build rapport
- Be real and authentic at all times
- Understand the new leader’s vision
- Talk about what your team is currently achieving
“Those that are the calmest are the ones who hat are in control.” – Denis Gianoutsos
“Keep delivering and over-deliver… if you are delivering and delivering well, then things will GO well.” – Denis Gianoutsos
“Show [your new leader] that you and your team are in control and that everything is in good hands.” – Denis Gianoutsos
Reach out to Denis:
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: