Happy Mental Health Awareness week! While here in New Zealand we have mental health on our mind, this is a perfect opportunity to deal with one of the biggest issues leaders face today: Burn Out! It’s time we do away with this issue all together; so here are 7 steps I believe will help you tackle leadership burn out.
On this episode:
- Many leaders and executives are struggling, in this episode I will break down the steps you can put into action today to protect yourself and others around you from burn out.
- I breakdown each step further so you can know exactly how to make the most of them. Remember, sometimes we need professional help, and it’s ok to reach out. Watch yourself and your team and make sure everyone is looked after.
- Take care of yourself first – ‘put your mask on first’
- The ability to say ‘No’
- Empower your team and delegate
- Get good at hitting the basics – diet, exercise, sleep, water
- Get out of denial and be real
- Take decent breaks
- Be deliberate
“Empower your team and delegate. In other words – let go!” – Denis Gianoutsos
“Too many people are on what I call autopilot, they’re doing things day in and day out… So I’m going to ask you to be more proactive, and be more deliberate.” – Denis Gianoutsos
Reach out to Denis:
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: