Are you seeking to break free from the conventional and embrace innovative approaches to leadership?
In this episode, Ken Miller and Mel Engle share their life and career journey as leaders. They break down their views on navigating through disruption, taking risks, learning from mistakes, striving for excellence, and maintaining an excellent work-life balance to be successful professionally and personally.
Tune in to hear more about strategic thinking, authentic leadership, thinking outside the box, surrounding yourself with the best and brightest people, and more!
In this episode:
- How to develop leadership skills and navigate change and disruption as a leader
- Thinking out of the box allows for creative things to happen and create a vision for the future
- Leaders need to adapt and change in a fast-moving world
- Having a support network around you is essential for your development as a leader
- Leadership is not a God-given trait and must be developed through experience
- Strategic thinking is the key to leadership, and learning from mistakes is important
- Leaders need to be able to think beyond the status quo and have a vision for the future
“I chose the healthcare industry because it gave me the opportunity to pursue my professional goals, but at the same time, I was able to do something for the world.” – Ken Miller
“If you know where you’re going, people will want to follow you, but you don’t necessarily know where you’re going. That’s where you need to get the input from others.” – Mel Engle
“If you’re going to be a bear, be a grizzly. So while you’re at it, be the best and do it right.” – Mel Engle
Connect with Denis:
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/leadership-is-changing-podcast/