Embracing change is critical for leaders of today. In the fast-paced world we live in, not only do leaders need to learn to pivot with the times, but they also need to balance executive excellence with personal wellbeing.
World-leading project management champion and strategy implementer, Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez has transformed project management into one of the central issues of every CEO’s 2030 agenda. Author of the Harvard Business Review Project Management Handbook, the featured HBR article The Project Economy Has Arrived, and four other books, Antonio is the creator of concepts such as the Project Economy and the Project Manifesto.
In this interview, Antonio and I share advice on how to embrace change and navigate disruptions as a leader. We discuss the challenges of leading an organization while not having direct reports.
You don’t want to miss this one. Tune in for more insights on how to be successful in today’s world.
In this episode:
- Find out more about Antonio’s background as an author, speaker, and advisor on projects and change
- How Antonio transformed project management into one of the central issues of every CEO’s 2030 agenda
- CEOs today have more projects than they have employees
- Due to automation, the importance of prioritizing projects has surpassed other areas of management such as operations
- In today’s world, being a leader of a project is more important than a person who’s a direct leader
- Tips on how to lead an organization in a changing world
- Become a professional in your domain; invest in yourself, develop yourselves, and become world-class in your field
- How to become a successful leader: Follow successful people and ask for advice
- The key focus for CEOs and senior leaders in today’s world is managing projects and leading an organization in a changing world
- Project management has become more important than operational management, and leaders need to be more influential to get their teams to do their jobs
- Becoming a leader is a marathon, not a sprint
- Leaders need to be patient and invest in themselves to learn and grow
- Leaders should be around successful people to learn from them
“I think projects are critical. Project management is critical for every leader to understand.” – Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez
“One of the biggest challenges that CEOs and senior leaders have today around the world, is that they have more projects than employees. Because they launch so many initiatives.” Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez
Watch him on Youtube at The Project Economy by Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez
Other Resources Mentioned:
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: