There’s a key factor that sets leaders apart – values. People don’t always respect and follow bosses, but they do respect people of value.
Dave Ferguson, the Leaders Coach, is an internationally respected executive coach, speaker, facilitator, and author, in the areas of leadership and personal development.
In his signature direct, yet highly connective style, Dave helps business owners, executives, top management leaders, and political leaders transform how they communicate, connect, and grow in their leadership roles and more.
Prior to launching his coaching and speaking business in 2008, Dave served 20 years in corporate leadership roles in Fortune 500 banking, real estate, and investment companies.
Jump right in and learn from Dave’s experience about the importance and impact of leadership values and legacy.
On this episode:
- Learn more about how Dave was thrusted into the world of leadership from an early age and how he had to grow in his leadership values later on.
- Are you a boss or a leader? Find out how values determine which one you are and the level of respect and transformation you generate.
- How mentorship brought Dave out of the boss mentality and left a legacy in Dave’s own leadership.
- Find out what you should be looking for in a great leader: Do they walk the talk? Have they mastered humility?
- How to set up and build your legacy for the future – when should you start building it and how to do it.
- Dave talks about how advancing the vision of your organization creates a successful leader.
- Values are the difference between bosses and leaders
- People need to agree you are a person of value
- Open and expand your lens on leadership all over the world
- There’s always something new to learn about leadership
- Accountability and humility determine a person’s level of leadership
- Legacy starts the minute you’re placed in leadership
“People don’t have to agree with what you value… but they really need to agree you’re a person OF value.” – Dave Ferguson
“The minute you’re placed into a leadership position… that’s when you have to start working on the legacy piece.” – Dave Ferguson
“The leader that can hold the most perspectives but make none of them solid will be your legacy leader.” – Dave Ferguson
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: