Being a ‘nice’ leader isn’t good enough anymore. People want to be led by passionate individuals who fuel their fire with purpose to overcome challenging situations!
Denice Torres, as a gay, Hispanic female, had to overcome quite a challenging background herself. Through it all she was able to grow her career to the C-suite of one of the largest corporations in the world.
Today, Denice is on a board of directors and former Fortune 50 executive turned entrepreneur.
For over 25 years her passion was running large businesses in pharma/consumer health/medtech that truly made a difference in people’s lives.
She was president of several multi-billion-dollar companies and chief strategy/transformation officer for a +$20B business. After a series of recalls and challenges, she became the president of the company that makes Tylenol and other over-the-counter consumer products.
I encourage you to really lean into this episode and learn from Denice what it means to lead on fire.
On this episode:
- Learn Denice’s incredible background and journey into leadership with the power of encouraging mentorship
- How leaders have such an opportunity to give confidence when they put ego to the side
- Developing the superpower of just being a real person for others
- Leadership needed to change. Just making money isn’t good enough anymore, as leaders we need to balance the need for purpose with the needs of the business
- How to get off of autopilot and really work from a place of purpose – practice gratitude no matter the circumstances – set yourself on fire!
- How to help your team feel heard and seen to give them the energy to carry on
- Leaders have the power to impact confidence
- Connect with others by just being yourself
- People want purpose and leaders need to fulfill that
- Start with the end in mind – what is it that you want to say with your life?
- Passion doesn’t happen on its own, you need to set yourself on fire
- Making your team feel heard will lead to better results
- You take the risk, I take the blame
“Leading others is such a privilege… it gives meaning to our life.” – Denice Torres
“We want to know that what we’re doing matters, we want to be seen, we want someone to believe in us. An effective leader needs to be able to connect and needs to be able to fulfill those needs.” – Denice Torres
“Success is not a matter of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire” – Denice Torres
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: