Our words as leaders, and even as individuals, have such a massive impact on others. What you say, and how you say it, can either build people up, or tear them down. In my own life, I remember both positive and negative comments said to me even from 30 years ago! Knowing that your words carry weight, how can we as leaders give feedback well, and what should the thought process about the words we’re going to use look like?
On this episode:
- Listen to this story, where words said to me 30 years ago still impact me today. We carry the weight of words on our shoulders, so let’s talk about how we use them to build up others.
- While positive words are beautiful, they need to be held up by authenticity. Let’s take a look at your internal dialogue as well, what you say, and HOW you say it.
- Your words have massive impact and can carry on for a lifetime
- Let’s think about the kind of feedback we give and how to give it
- Be aware of your words, but remember it needs to be authentic
- The words you use internally are just as important
- Your ‘how’ is as important as your ‘what’
- What are you listening to? What goes in is what comes out
“You need to be authentic with whatever you’re saying, because if you’re not authentic with words, the actions aren’t going to marry up.” – Denis Gianoutsos
“Regularly check in with yourself to see what kind of words you’re using with yourself internally and externally with others as well…” – Denis Gianoutsos
“We have the voice of impact; our voice, our words, and everything we share has impact… the power of words is massive.” – Denis Gianoutsos
Reach out to Denis:
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: