What does it take to make a lasting impact? In today’s episode, Denis interviews Mario Bekes, managing director of Insight Intelligence Group. He shares his background and experiences as a war veteran, business consultant, and best-selling author. They discuss how leaders must be aware of their surroundings and act in a way that is beneficial not only to themselves but also to those under their command.
Mario Bekes is a natural leader, public speaker, result-driven, published book author, relationship-builder, and facilitator with experience in investigative techniques and interviewing, interrogation methods, and corporate human and competitive business intelligence.
Pay attention as Denis and Mario tackle the importance of staying conscious of the way you act and the way your mind works in order to ensure a more significant impact on those around us.
In this episode:
- Leadership is not something that you are born with, it is something that you earn.
- Mario shares how he was able to earn his leadership position through his service to his country and by setting an example for others.
- Denis and Mario discuss how leadership is not just about having the ability to lead troops into battle or make strategic decisions, but also about being able to connect with and understand the people under their command.
- Mario discusses the importance of premortem analysis, which is a technique used to identify potential problems before they happen.
- Mario shares his two favorite books, which are The Art of War by Sun Tzu and The Prince by Nicolo Machiavelli.
- Leadership is not just about making decisions for others, but also about being able to display compassion and care.
- New generation leaders are different and more strategic in their thinking.
- Leaders also need to be able to develop new methods of thinking in order to stay ahead of the curve.
- Mario discusses how the expectations of employees have changed in recent years, with employees looking for more accountability from leaders.
- Sometimes, leadership chooses you
- Always be grateful and don’t take things for granted
- We can do so much today to impact generations of the future
- New generation leaders are needed as the landscape of business changes
- The key ingredient is information
- Stay ahead of the curve by seeking knowledge
“Sometimes we just need to step back and take stock of where we are and understand what we’ve got in our hands and maybe be a little bit grateful.” – Denis Gianoutsos
“Information is the most valuable commodity in business.” – Mario Bekes
“When you put people who follow you, and people you follow… It’s a golden rule, you find the middle ground, and then you become the proper leader.” – Mario Bekes
“The leader is not a job, that’s not the job, that’s a lifestyle. And it requires a lot of sacrifices, requires a lot of learning, education, and training” – Mario Bekes
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: