What do you do when your courage gets dented? In leadership, we will inevitably face our worst fears, but there are mindsets we can adopt today that will make us “counter-phobic.”
David Wood is no stranger to overcoming challenges himself, having survived a total collapse of his paraglider and a fractured spine, witnessing the death of his sister at age seven, anxiety, and depression, among other instances.
David, Founder of Focus.CEO, is a former consulting actuary to Fortune 100 companies. He built the world’s largest coaching business, becoming #1 on Google for life coaching.
Today, he coaches high-performing business owners to double revenue by helping them balance dignity and humility. In this episode, he’ll break down how we can do the same as well as use our fears to our advantage.
Dive right in, team, and let’s discover how to lean into your fears.
On this episode:
- David shares the experiences that led to his revelations and inspirations in life and leadership.
- David talks about how silly it is to let fear keep us from doing what will potentially lead to success.
- What does leadership mean? David reveals his discovery behind his unique leadership and how it applies to anyone in a leadership position.
- Learn about the humility-dignity spectrum; how to have vulnerability without collapsing.
- David breaks down the recipe of a successful leader. Know where you’re going, and believe it’s possible.
- Building systems of humility and dignity into your company.
- When you go through an incident, reassess and then get back in there
- It’s good to have power over fear, but it needs to be balanced with humility
- You are the first person you need to lead
- You’re voice matters and needs to be heard, AND all voices matter
- Know where you’re going, believe you can get there, and enroll others in that vision
- Anything worth doing is worth inspecting
“I lean into my fears; that’s my natural orientation… If I’m afraid of something, I don’t want it to have power over me, so I lean into it.” – David Wood
“I think that we all need to lead ourselves. That’s the first leadership… We’re either showing up as good leaders for ourselves, or we’re not.” – David Wood
“Can you be more of you in the world?” – David Wood
- Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway
- Extraordinary Focus Podcast
- Get involved with Mouse in the Room
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: