It takes people believing in you for them to follow and buy into your vision. Dr. Sean Hall believes that without authenticity, people will never buy into that vision.
Dr. Hall is the CEO and Founder of Medlab, an Australian-based company with a presence in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Sean has also co-authored multiple patents and publications and it’s his deep personal connection to cancer, which led him to found Medlab.
As Dr. Hall sees it, he excels because of his understanding of both the problem and the solution. In this episode, he’ll reveal how to drive solutions-based leadership centered around some of the deepest lessons he’s learned.
Dive in and let’s explore what it means to have authentic leadership!
On this episode:
- Dr. Hall talks about the personal impact cancer had in his life and how it led to his inspiration to found Medlab.
- How Dr. Hall got his team to buy into his vision and why it’s important to give your team a strong “why” and understandable “how.”
- Learn how Dr. Hall drives “solutions-based” leadership.
- Dr. Hall’s personal experience on how he realized authenticity to be the deepest skill necessary to get people to follow you.
- Dr. Hall talks about the specific actions he’s taken to refocus the team and stay ahead of uncertainty.
- Leaders need to create space by cutting out the noise so they can breathe and focus on the business itself.
- To get people to buy into your vision you need to stay authentic
- Balance progression with clear communication
- Know what you know, know what you don’t know, trial it, improve it
- Good leaders recognize their weaknesses and rise to the challenge
- If people stop believing in you, they will stop following you
- We need good leaders to question why we do things to help move us forward
“It doesn’t matter the team you put together – they need to understand ‘why’ and ‘how,’ and there is no direct part on the how.” – Dr. Sean Hall
“Leadership now is more about knowing what you know, knowing what you don’t know, trialing it, and improving it.” – Dr. Sean Hall
“If you want to lead, people need to believe in you. If they stop believing in you, they stop following. Being an authentic leader probably is the deepest and most meaningful lesson I’ve had.” – Dr. Sean Hall
Connect with Dr. Hall by emailing email@example.com with the subject: Heard you on Denis’s show.
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: