Leaders need to be flexible, nimble, and adopt change as their mindset. But even the most exemplary leaders are in danger of getting held back by one thing: their past experiences.
Dennis Mark serves as Advisor to the CEO of Lantern.AI, providing “x-as-a-service” business model for SaaS/AI startups. He is also a Member of the Academic and Examination Board in Boston Business School.
Prior to these appointments, Dennis has more than 30 years of experience in the IT/technology industry and has held various Vice President and General Manager positions in strategic business planning, sales, marketing, brand management and customer experience across Asia Pacific markets.
He is the co-author of a book called Thriving at Work – What School Couldn’t Teach You! “Technical” skills + “Soft” skills = Work and Career Success.
Let’s dive in, team, and learn from Dennis how you can stay open to change by not letting the past define your future.
On this episode:
- Learn more about the transition from startup to corporate to board and how to always stay ahead of the curve no matter the new environment
- The importance of building long term relationships that impact your future by being strategic in your networking
- How Dennis learned that the past should not stop you from exploring new areas of interest that you may just excel in
- The importance of being an adaptive leader – for your environment, organization and people, and yourself – change can happen at any time (Ex. COVID)
- As a leader, you need to have a high overview of every situation, but be ready to it your mark with pinpoint accuracy at any moment
- External factors are impacting internal aspects of organizations faster than they can change – stay curious so you can be ready for change
- Change needs to be your mindset
- Networking is about the value you can give others
- Don’t let the past stop you from getting ready for your next boundary
- Discipline, focus and consistency will define your future
- HALO – High Altitude, Low Opening
- Keep your curiosity signals up and ready for change
“You need to have a change in your mindset… In a company I have to be as flexible, as nimble, as adaptable to the environment as I needed to be.” – Dennis Mark
“You need to continue to explore new boundaries… don’t let the past define your future.” – Dennis Mark
“If you want to reach your goal and dreams, you can not do it without discipline.” – Dennis Mark
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: