Have you ever met someone who draws their value from a position or title? The thing is, I know and you know that titles don’t make the leader, actions do. No one owns a single position, in truth, we are custodians of that position. As such, it is our responsibility to leave positions in better condition than we received them. In this episode, I’m going to break down what this means for us, and how custodian leadership can help build and leave your legacy.
On this episode:
- Titles should not be what you use to draw value from. We don’t own titles, we are custodians of them. This is someone who has the responsibility of taking care or protecting something. How you nurture, protect, and excel at a role, will dictate your legacy.
- What are you doing today that will leave your legacy 10, 20 years ahead? How to build the legacy of the organisation: Listen in for the 3 things that will help you be the best custodian you can be.
- We are custodians of a role not owners
- The responsibilities of custodians
- Leaving a role or organization better than you found it
- 3 things you need to do to leave a legacy in a role
- What to do if you’re not the right person for a position
- Moving an organisation forward
- Remember to share this episode with 3 people
“How can we do the best that we can in that role, or as the custodian…? Our responsibility as a custodian is to the absolute best in that role or to leave the organisation better than when we received it.” – Denis Gianoutsos
“What kind of custodian do you want to be known as in the future…? That organisation can move forward with or without you.” – Denis Gianoutsos
Reach out to Denis:
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: