Tamara is a self-taught digital marketing expert, having learned from the top digital marketers in the field both in her hometown of Rochester, NY, and the world. Her company is called NOW Digital Marketing.
She has a specialized Niche for helping funeral homes and funeral directors be more human to stand out online above all the noise and to be the leaders of the community they are. While the funeral industry is her specialty, she has worked with many different industries, such as the travel and restaurant industries.
Tamara has held leadership positions in many community organizations, most recently she led the Rochester Professional Consultants Network as their President, and when her term expired in June of 2020, she became the first female chapter chair for SCORE Greater Rochester.
In SCORE, Tamara has helped start over 40 businesses and mentored hundreds of business owners to start, run or grow their business.
Prior to being the Chapter Chair, she was the Chair of the Marketing Committee and the Workshop Committee.
In the past, she was also VP of Family & Youth Programming for both her local chapter of Parents Without Partners overseeing the programming for families for over 100 members, in addition to overseeing the programming for the Region, which included 17 chapters across New York State and Pennsylvania.
Tamara has 2 radio shows that are weekly and heard in Rochester NY and around the world by streaming online, and ROC Voices, which showcase local leaders and community members engaged in moving the community forward. ReThinking Business – a show developed for SCORE highlighting SCORE Mentors and SCORE clients as well as business owners. We talk about the journey of being a business owner and how mentoring leads to success.
Tamara is married to Jim, and they have a blended family of five (5) children: She has five (5) grandchildren.
On this episode:
- Hear Tamara share her journey as a self-taught digital marketing expert
- Tamara discusses her leadership style
- Tamara talks about the lack of connection between people in the organization.
- Tamara discusses why we should change how leaders connect with their people.
- Walk the talk. Be the role model of what you want your people to be.
- Bring the human factor back and connect with the people
- When connection within the organization is strong, and their values and beliefs are aligned. It will move the organization to an even higher level.
- Employees expect to be heard and listened to
- Be open to everything and attached to nothing. That will allow you the ability to pivot and know which opportunities to jump on.
“When things are aligned with your values and your beliefs, I think that totally moves your organization and takes it to an entirely different level.” – Tamara MacDuff
“Be open to everything and attached to nothing … because that will allow you the ability to pivot and know which opportunities you want to jump on.” – Tamara MacDuff
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: