Ernest Azzam is the Regional Business Manager for HP, managing Large Format Printing in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa region.
Ernest has been an HP employee for over 15 years, beginning in 2003 as the Large Format Printers Product Manager for the Middle East. In 2008, Ernest managed the Laser and Enterprise solutions Go-To-Market unit. He joined the Graphics Solutions Business Team in 2013, managing the Large Format Business for the Middle East and Africa region until 2019 when his territory was expanded to include Eastern Europe.
Ernest has more than 20 years of experience in the Graphics industry. Prior to joining HP, Ernest was a Software and Sales Engineer at Heidelberg Gulf.
On this episode:
- Listen to Ernest’s story of how he searched and grabbed for the opportunity to become a leader, not just wait for it.
- Ernest discusses his observations of how leadership has changed over the years.
- Ernest talks about how leadership is about Influence
- Ernest shares what a leader’s role is all about
- Ernest talks about how life is in Dubai during the pandemic
- Ernest stresses the importance of being able to adapt to this fast-paced, ever-changing world
- Don’t just wait for the opportunity. Search for it.
- Some people are not made to be leaders
- You should be happy with what you do. People are more successful with jobs where they are happy with what they do.
- Successful leadership today is about influence, not authority.
“You have to grab [the opportunity] and find it yourself and not wait for somebody to give it to you.” – Ernest Azzam
“Happiness in what you do is key. And I believe that’s the ultimate objective.” – Ernest Azzam
You can connect with Ernest on LinkedIn
Leadership Is Changing Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadershipIsChanging/
Leadership is Changing LinkedIn Page: